Sunday, May 3, 2009

What a weekend

This was quite the weekend. I've had a cold since last Monday and missed two days from work this past week. I'm feeling much better now, although still pretty congested, but because we're under a deadline to do quarter end financials I was up until 3 am last night working on them. I worked on them all day yesterday, and could have today, but decided if I stayed up and finished, that I could hang out with Garrett today and get some scrapping done. And that is what I did.



The kit for Pink Pineapple's book club last month was the new "Magical Wishes" line from Webster's Pages. Its got a great vintage feel to it, so I decided to do a page about my grandma Joyce who passed away a few years ago. The paper I chose is so busy I kept my embellishment to a minmum.



The journaling says:


My sweet Grandma Joyce…she was a wonderful person with a great heart…very caring and thoughtful. She lived on very little but was always full of joy. When I think of her I think of lavender, her favorite scent, how she always had a smile on her face and a cup of coffee in her hand, and I hear her singing “when the red, red robin comes ba ba bobbim along, sweet song, its time to wake up! Wake up you sleepy head, get up, get up, get out of bed. Live, love, laugh and be happy.”

Words she seemed to live by!

2 comments:

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

your blog is so cute! how did you get it to look like that? how are you using those other fonts on your posts?

RollerScrapper said...

I loved your page, especially how you highlighted the roses with some sort of clear laquer!